Monday, January 4, 2010

JANUARY 4 - PHILADELPHIA, PA - Resolutions

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, the holidays always snatch my energy away like a Grinch, and no amount of sugary, buttery Slick family cookies can ever save me. I'm a little overwhelmed with having to remember all that I didn't disclose, so hopefully I can appease you with my list of resolutions for this year:

1) Blog more!
2) Record a solo album.
3) Play more gigs, and make more music with PAPER CAT.
4) Be more careful with sharp knives (and mandolines!)
5) Make more connections/play with more artists.
6) Write a cookbook.
7) Continue to rock around the world with the ABPT!

Oh yeah, here's some pictures from the end of 2009:

Turkey:

Eskisehir

Eskisehir

Eskisehir

Turkish omelet:

Eskisehir

Eskisehir

Eskisehir

en route to Istanbul

en route to Istanbul

en route to Istanbul

Istanbul!

Istanbul!

Istanbul!

Istanbul!

Istanbul!

Istanbul!

Istanbul!

Istanbul!

Istanbul!

Istanbul!

Istanbul!

Istanbul!

Istanbul!

Istanbul!

Istanbul!

Istanbul!

Istanbul!

Post show dinner = nursed back to health from Russian diet

Eskisehir

RAKI!!!

Cheers Elephant Rehearsals:

IMG_5009

IMG_5010

IMG_5015

IMG_5024

IMG_5029

Slicks Can Cook (Vegan):

IMG_4972

IMG_4974

IMG_4976

IMG_4979

IMG_4980

It's not dog food - it's Ray's Seitan (and it is delicious, despite the off-putting visuals below):

IMG_4982

IMG_4983

Matt and I brave the blizzard:

IMG_5047

IMG_5048

IMG_5057

Roasted Fish with Roasted Broccoli and Edamame-Cauliflower Purée topped with Dijon-Caper Creme:

IMG_5036

IMG_5037

IMG_5038

Christmas:

IMG_5086

Tofu Buffalo Wingz:

IMG_5093

IMG_5098

And, last but not least - New Year's:

Brandon at the breading station. Prepping the mozzarella balls and calamari.

The chips that came back to hurt me:



My Portraits:

My portraits.

Falafels:

Falafels post fryer.

Charred Tomatillo Guacamole:

Charred Tomatillo Guacamole.

IMG_5169

Turkish Cigars (not as pretty as those I had just weeks before, but darn tasty):

Herbed Feta Pastries.

The Spread (Pt 1):

The Spread Pt 2.

Dreadz: the barkeep.



Flip-a-delphia:

Flip-a-delphia.

Flip-a-delphia.

The Spread (Pt 2):

Spread Pt 3.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! (Well, actually... I still think it was 2009 at the this point...)

Wild Turkey.

And now to focus on the next important holiday: my birthday!

5 comments:

RobinSlick said...

Let's go to Paris!

(You realize I'm dead serious, right?)

Your year will be covered in glitter, Julie. Trust me.

xo

RobinSlick said...

I meant, let's go to Paris for your birthday. Just to be clear...

(checking tickets now!)

Julie said...

Don't even play with me... and of course I was joking with Matt yesterday to take the day off and go there with me!

RobinSlick said...

I'm not playing. Holy Cow, how connected are we?

Lobster11 said...

When do we get to hear about your adventures at MMW's studio? C'mon, I'm dying of curiosity here!!